Reinventing and securing the omni-channel customer experience
Case Study - A global ASX listed retail industry player
About Our Client
Our client is an ASX listed leading global retail industry player, based in Australia. They design, build and operate both physical and digital retail properties.
Like many retail companies responding to digital disruption and cyber risks, they were exploring how they could engage customers more through digital and online platforms and across multiple touchpoints.
Our client has a corporate strategy with people, customer experience and financial elements. Compromising this internally, was a lack of IT ownership and defined responsibilities, inconsistent policies and standards, and technical debt. Whilst externally, they operated against a backdrop of increasing levels of competition, technology change, and an economic downturn.
As a market-leader, our client wanted to stay ahead of these factors impacting their industry.
With e-commerce significantly disrupting their bricks and mortar business, they needed to identify cyber risks and reinvent themselves to be digitally-led by creating better digital experiences; converging their traditional and digital platforms together with bringing the brick and mortar experience to life – and at speed.
Avocado Services provide:
- Cyber Strategy and Architecture
- Audit and assessments
- Third-party risk Management (TPRM)
- Security architecture reviews
- SaaS due diligence (risk assessments)
- Security review across the retail technology, digital platforms and within operations of the corporate office
- Ongoing vendor due diligence service (approx. 15-20 assessments per year)
- Cyber resilience uplift including training and mentoring inhouse resources.
- Security solutions
”Avocado was a trusted adviser and highly responsive business partner throughout the transition.
To be a digital leader, vigilance against cyber risks is paramount, particularly for the retail sector which operates in a high-risk environment.
Our client engaged Avocado’s cyber security team to be their trusted advisor as they undertook their ambitious strategy – turning their bricks and mortar experience into a full multi-channel strategy with deep customer experience tooling.
To succeed, our client required an uplift in organisational and IT effectiveness and a cyber security strategy that future-proofed their ICT solutions. Avocado worked with senior management, technology and vendor stakeholders to achieve this. They did this by implementing cyber security control and procurement processes, undertaking vendor due diligence, both platform and individual project security assessments, and recommending secure-by-design practices.
Avocado’s scope extended right from assessing the customer platforms and multi-channel architecture, to executing on every third-party SaaS component to build out the capability they required. As part of this engagement the Avocado team of cyber security specialists:
- Developed a cyber security policy framework (ISMS) to ensure it aligned to regulations and changes impacting the retail industry.
- Uplifted internal capability with accompaniment and mentoring of staff to develop more mature internal capability and cyber awareness.
- Undertook Third-party Risk Management and Security Assessments. This included Security Architecture reviews across a number of domains such as:
- Retail technology
- Building management
- Marketing automation
- Digital experience
- Multi-channel analytics.
- Corporate – Risk, records, HR, Finance, Payments, IT operations, Cyber
By undertaking a rigorous and responsive cyber program, our client was able to speed up their digital transformation, ensuring they remained ahead of the changes whilst balancing the need to provide the best experience for their customers.
Our client has gained peace of mind and confidence at the same time they were able to mitigate cyber risks that could impact their revenue and reputation, and now have a trusted knowledgeable cyber capability and control framework for future initiatives.